Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mendocino Music Festival

When chatting with guests, I'm often asked how we came to be in Mendocino.

About 15 years ago I was on a solo bicycling / camping tour of the northern Pacific coast when I happened upon Mendocino. I'd planned to stop for just a few hours for lunch, but when I arrived into town, I saw the huge white tents and 'discovered' the Mendocino Music Festival. I ended up staying for three days (instead of 3 hours) and had a wonderful time.

In all the years since, I'd always wanted to get back to Mendocino to enjoy the festival. It was always on my to-do list, but I never was able to make it.

So when we were looking for an inn to buy, I knew Mendocino was a fantastic spot. Romantic, stunningly beautiful, with fine dining, rugged outdoor activities and all the arts represented -- it's an all around world-class location. So when we found Glendeven Inn, I knew this was the spot. In all the world, this was where we wanted to be.

We ended up closing the deal last year in August and taking over the business during the time of the Music Festival. And this year by planning ahead, we were able to donate and support the Festival in a few different ways.

Last night, Glendeven Inn sponsored the coffee for the festival as seen in this (bad) image taken on my mobile phone.

It's good to be here on this one-year anniversary, and Mike and I are looking forward to seeing and hearing the remaining Festival shows of this season and to many, many more years in Mendocino.

--John

No comments: